Many local businesses just claim their GMB listing and forget about it. What most businesses don’t realize is that there are a variety of other features Google gives you that you can use to optimize your Google My Business listing and several reasons why you should frequently check your business listing to ensure that its accuracy stays intact.
1. Complete ALL the information that Google is asking for. This includes: Business Hours, Special Hours, Phone, Website, Services, Accessibility, Description
2. Utilize keywords in your listing information. The Description and Services are a great place to use keywords and phrases to rank your business higher.
3. Add Photos and Video. This is very important for ranking.
4. Use the messaging feature. Most Googlers are using their cell phones when performing a search and some even prefer messaging over calling!
5. Be interactive and constantly updating. If a question is asked, answer. If a review is left, answer. If an update or edit is made, answer. Google rewards active profiles.
Our mission is to improve businesses online visibility and conversions. We believe in Search Engine Optimization and factor it into any decision we make.